- The European Society on Family Relations (ESFR) represents a multidisciplinary, non-profit organization of family researchers.
- The Society aims to promote excellence in the scientific study of family relations in context by bringing together European family researchers.
- The ESFR is devoted to the advancement of theoretical and empirically-oriented research at both the basic and applied levels.
- In addition, the ESFR aims at fostering excellence in the training of family researchers at the institutional and individual levels.
- The ESFR encourages scientific cooperation between family scientists from European countries and provides a forum for the international exchange of scientific knowledge concerning the family, including dissemination of the current state of the art knowledge in the field.
- Moreover, it will serve as a platform for expert knowledge concerning family relations including the interface between research and policy on the local, national, and international levels. This information will be available for dissemination to individual families, corporate organizations and government agencies.